Recruiting for the Digital Revolution, one hater at a time.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Rapid Pace of Change Means I Need To Take More Showers

Been rather busy as we near financing of a new mobile content series I created and which I'll be writing and directing. Having come from the world of television, it's an interesting exercise in taking those "old world" skills and translating them to new technologies. Certainly, shorter content suits my attention deficity nature. I really do love perfectly contained little stories. I could never write War and Peace. I do not have the "sitting power."

Anyhow, if the series goes ahead, I'll be blogging more regularly to chart the process and evolution. Right now, all I can say is many of the bigger players and broadcasters now have a hunger to get into mobile content. Boys aren't watching TV anymore. Well, neither am I, frankly, and I can only conclude that there's just one reason girls are still holding out with traditional Boob Tube rather than YouTube, and it's simply that technology is not a girl thing. As soon as the technology is fully integrated into a Boob Tube like interface (uh, point remote and click), then I expect more sisters to abandon conventional cable and satellite too.

Technological change is a tsunami, bearing down on us with landscape-changing consequences. I'm seeing it all around me, including right here in the cafe where I type this. Apparently my shitty neighborhood that no one wanted to live in five years ago is now a fashion mecca. It happened while no one was looking. I'm now surrounded by white people with glossy laptops and too perfect noses talking about vacation homes in San Miguel and it makes me sad, because it looks like I'll have to start showering before I leave the house. Or maybe I'll just move.

Love,

Helena