Recruiting for the Digital Revolution, one hater at a time.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

NO FAT CLIPS!! is Short and Very, Very Sweet

"Aggregator" is just another word for "broadcaster" in the online digital age--a place where selective content is aggregated in one place for the pleasure and efficiency of an audience. YouTube isn't an aggregator in this sense, since all they do is take anything and everything, constantly (and successfully) vying for the most voluminous collection of videos, most of which is senseless, artless and uninteresting (not to mention oftentimes racist and homophobic).

And My Damn Channel is more like a producer, in fact. Their content is so worthy because the sensibility behind their "programming" is so spot-on. The online series backed by My Damn Channel consistently offer smart, entertaining counter-TV programming. My Damn Channel doesn't link to content other than the stuff they have backed themselves, and it just happens that the stuff they back is too damn fun (give me Wainy Days any day or night).

So, it was just a matter of time before I came across no fat clips!!, a kick-ass "aggregator" in the truest sense of that term. A single portal that links me to the kind of stuff I desire, lovingly culled from the ocean of a hundred million videos. They don't produce anything; they just thoughtfully aggregate it. I'd never have seen something as beautiful as Crossbow without it. Indeed, the site has never failed to disappoint me yet, only confirming in my mind that the future of "TV" is in the hands of artists and their allies, clasped together by the likes of no fat clips!!

:-)

No comments: